2 thick cut steaks. Tender, with a rich flavour
COOKING THE PERFECT STEAK
For each steak:
Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, skin-on and crushed
• Take the steaks out of the fridge 2 hours before you're planning to cook and allow them to come to warm room temperature.
• Heat a heavy-based griddle pan or frying pan over a medium-high heat. Use tongs to press the fatty edge on to the hot pan until nicely browned.
• Meanwhile spread a thin layer of salt and a sprinkle of coarse pepper on a plate. Put the steak on the plate, and turn to coat the steak lightly, then put it flat-side down into the pan. Cook for 90 seconds on each side, pressing down with a spatula, until both sides are well browned.
• Add the butter and crushed garlic to the pan and, when melted, use them to baste the steak, turning it every minute until it's done to your liking: a 2cm steak should take about 3- 4 minutes for medium-rare.
• Remove from the pan and leave to rest for 5–10 minutes, then serve.
The images in our online shop and weight options are indicative. Our animals are not a uniform size, and there is variation in the level of marbling and fat cover in our beef and lamb. As a result, we cannot guarantee the meat you receive will look exactly like the photograph, and sometimes it’s not possible to achieve the higher weights, particularly of steaks. You will only be charged for the weight of meat supplied.